In parallel with Android port-a-thon for BlackBerry 10, the Community port-a-thone for BlackBerry 10 is also here. It will be held at the same time on 11th January 2013 and it will start on Friday at 18h CET and end on Sunday at 6h CET.
If you have a mobile app created using Appcelerator, Maramalade, Sencha, jQuery, PhoneGap, Qt, AIR, Enyo or any other platform that is NOT ANDROID SDK, by porting it to BlackBerry 10 it will bring you many rewards:
- Port 1 to 4 approved apps and get $100 per eligible app (max. 20)
- Port 5 to 9 approved apps and THE FIRST 200 QUALIFIED PARTICIPANTS will receive one BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device plus $100 per app (max. 20)
- Port 10 or more approved apps and THE FIRST 10 QUALIFIED PARTICIPANTS will get paid trip to BlackBerry Jam Europe to celebrate the launch of BlackBerry 10 with RIM + a Dev Alpha Device + $100 per app (max. 20)
- Additionally for those that did not receive a BlackBerry Dev Alpha or Trip to BlackBerry Jam Europe, RIM will be conducting a random draw for 100 BlackBerry 10 Dev Alphas and 10 trips to BlackBerry Jam Europe
Steps to port are the following:
Here’s what it is needed to get prepared ahead of time:
- Register as a vendor at BlackBerry World portal
- Request signature keys (for BlackBerry 10)
- Install BlackBerry tools and plug-ins
- Prepare your images and icons for the apps
DON’T FORGET!!! Register here!
RIM has extended their Port-A-Thon to include all developers in their latest BlackBerry 10 Community Port-A-Thon. The main thing you need to know that that all BlackBerry 10 development platforms are included in this Port-A-Thon promotion except for Android which has its own dedicated concurrently running Port-A-Thon.